Beantwoord

Cancellation due to Emigration

• 27 March 2024
  • 1 reactie
  • 38 keer bekeken

I have been living in Brazil for over a month and I continue to receive undue invoices from KPN. On 02/27/2024 I left the Netherlands and moved to Brazil.

On 02/26/2024 I went to a KPN agency in Amstelveen, to cancel my line as I was moving to Brazil, at the agency the employees informed me that the cancellation would have to be done via phone call, I along with I called KPN and the phone worker informed me that it should be done via the internet. Which already shows a total lack of preparation on the part of the KPN team.

When entering the website together with the KPN employee, we checked the possibility of cancellation by filling out an emigration document and placing the government document (Declaration of departure), I carried out the entire procedure together with your employee and left because according to him everything was correct.

This week I received an invoice for an amount that doesn't make any sense and when I check the invoice it says that I made a call or used the internet outside the EU and you are charging me an amount of more than 60 euros in one day and time that in theory I was on the plane and in any case this amount could not be charged, as I had canceled the line.

I would like your support to actually cancel this, and if there is any outstanding amount I will pay to end this situation, I just want to resolve it but it is impossible to contact you, you do not respond to emails, the entire website you are based on robots responding to us and I can't call the Netherlands here from Brazil. If you wanted to call me, I have my Brazilian number.

icon

Beste antwoord door Erik van KPN 29 March 2024, 13:08

Bekijk origineel

1 reactie

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi, welcome to the forum! Submitting a request for cancellation due to emigration needs to be done via the online form here. I understand you have done this.

What happens next is you get an a-mail to confirm the submission of the form. Then, the back-office will process the form and check the submitted proof.

If that is accepted, the subscription will be ended, and you will receive an official confirmation. This confimation arrives on the date when the line is deactived. After that, there will be a final processing of all the costs and credits and you will receive the final bill, which usually is a credit bill.  

But, as long as you do not have the official confirmation that the subscription has ended or use the sim before the listed end date, it will remain active. And, if you have mobile data use activated, your phone will connect to the local network when you go abroad. And, the costs for using mobile data abroad can be steep. Protection will kick in when you’ve reached the threshold amount (which is €60,50) and block further use. But, the €60,50 in costs have been made, and need to be paid. 

If the proof is not accepted, you will also get an email. This one to inform you of what the problem is, and what you need to do so we can process the cancellation.

Reageer