Beantwoord

Cancelling the contract after emigration

• 2 November 2020
  • 6 reacties
  • 294 keer bekeken

I was moving out from the netherlands on the 18th of september but I couldn’t cancel the contract earlier than 14th of september because KPN was asking me to bring a proof of deregister in order to cancel the contract, but the city hall says that it must be earlier than 5 days before I leave the town to get the document (so it wasn’t possible before 14th).  I got the proof of deregister on the 14th and I cancelled the contract through online. but It took more than a month that I got a confirmation mail about my cancellation which is way later than what it says on the mail when I got after cancellation apply( I got it on the 15th of september) and it says ‘Wij verwerken uw aanvraag binnen 5 werkdagen.’ but the date I got the confirmation mail is 22th of october, 

The date I put it on the form that I wanted to cancel the contract is from the 17th of september, but I got a invoice that I have to pay the amount of even after I left.I really don’t understand I have to pay for the fee when I put everything right on the application form.

and sadly, there is nothing I can do to return the router because when I got the mail(22th of october), It was way too late and I’m not at the netherlands any more.

Thanks for the advance.

*Admin: Changed title for searchability

icon

Beste antwoord door Danny 12 November 2020, 10:05

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

6 reacties

(...) here is my client number.

*Admin: gegevens verborgen i.v.m. privacy

Reputatie 2
Badge +5

Hi @Mr 335. Thank you for contacting me. I'm sorry to hear the cancellation of your subscription with us did not go as you had thought. I'd be happy to look into the reason why it has been cancelled later than your emigration. Could you update your profile and add your (Dutch) postal code, housenumber, name and date of birth? And could you let me know when you have done so? I'll need that information in order to look up your account.

Hi @Mr 335. Thank you for contacting me. I'm sorry to hear the cancellation of your subscription with us did not go as you had thought. I'd be happy to look into the reason why it has been cancelled later than your emigration. Could you update your profile and add your (Dutch) postal code, housenumber, name and date of birth? And could you let me know when you have done so? I'll need that information in order to look up your account.

Hi, I just updated my profile.

Reputatie 2
Badge +5

Thanks! I've just checked. I see that the proof you had sent us, is not valid proof of emigration as it was not a definitive deregistration. The one you had sent could also have been cancelled. We tried calling you about this several times, but we were not able to reach you. The final attempt was on October 21st. Because my coworker could not reach you, he could only cancel your contract with the termination period of one month, which is why it had now been cancelled by November 21st. 

If you can still obtain the proof of deregistration, of if you can send us a copy of your employment contract as proof of emigration, I recommend sending this to us using the form to notify us about the emigration again. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. If you have any further questions, please let me know. 

Hi, but I dont really have something to send more than that…

Now I’m back to my home country after finishng my studying,.

I’m not even employed or not even studying anymore so I have nothing requires to send it back.

• If you come to submit your notice of emigration at a City Office (on the day itself or no more than 5 days in advance), you will receive a written confirmation of your ‘pre-departure declaration’. This document will satisfy customs requirements.
  • If you come to the City Office on the day of your departure, you can receive an extract that includes the information about your departure. This document will also satisfy customs requirements.
  • If you would like proof of your emigration from the Netherlands at a later date, you will need to request an extract from the Non-residents Records Database (RNI)(verwijst naar een andere website) (online application form) for €21. This document will be suitable for customs and for foreign authorities.

It’s what it says on the website of Amsterdam city hall to get a proof of deregister

As it mentioned It is only possible to get it before 5 days in advance, So even though the document I

sent was not the correct document (It is what city hall gave it to me when I asked. And the city hall was

also questioning about internet company asking the proof of deregistration for cancelling the

internet.) it should have done in 5 days to reach me otherwise it’s all after I left from the country…

Is it really the only way to cancel the contract for someone moving, or already moved?

Seems it’s not this hard If I choice a different reason like slow internet, or expensive fee instead of

moving away. But I think it’s not fair to be honest and conflicting the problem..

Thanks for the advance.

Reputatie 2
Badge +5

I understand your confusion. However, my coworkerd noted that you had the written confirmation. Instead, we'll need an extract from the RNI, the one from your third bulletpoint. You can still request this from outside of the Netherlands and this will suffice as proof of emigration. If you can still send us this extract through the form I mentioned in my previous message, my coworkers should be able to change the date from the termination of your contract.