Vraag

foreign SIP stopped working 'no ip connection'

• 16 April 2021
  • 10 reacties
  • 150 keer bekeken

I had a foreign SIP configured fine at my old address where I had Telfort which was switched to KPN several months ago. Zero problems. Since last week I moved into new house and my SIP stopped working. On gigaset settings it says registered but on the phone device calling doesn’t work and the phone has a message `no IP connection`.  I haven’t changed anything on my ISP router(Experia Box v10a) and simple move it to the new house.

Any ideas where should I look at? I didn’t expect to have this problem as everything were working fine at the old address

Thanks,

Pavlos

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

10 reacties

Reputatie 7

Which SIP/VoIP provider do you connect to?

Which UDP port is used for SIP/VoIP ... 5060?

Did you configure a stun server?

Do you have telephony from KPN as well?

Reputatie 7
Badge +10

Log in into your account from your SIP provider and check of your IP adres is correct set. Most providers has an whitelist option to prevent abuse.

Reputatie 7

Log in into your account from your SIP provider and check of your IP adres is correct set. Most providers has an whitelist option to prevent abuse.

I don't know many SIP/VoIP providers that restrict the usage based on IP address.

Which SIP/VoIP provider do you connect to?

It is https://www.zanadoo.eu/ in Greece.

Which UDP port is used for SIP/VoIP ... 5060?

Did you configure a stun server?

With stun.gigaset.net:3478 and without I can receive calls, which I found out today. But, I can’t call any number.

Yes and it works. I don’t use their SIP provider, just the regular phone line with RJ11.

Thanks

I have contacted them and they don’t block my new IP address. We run tcpdump on their side and they could see incoming session over UDP.

Reputatie 7

I don't speak Greek and reading is certainly not my cup of tea.

Therefore I can't determine if it is possible to use another port than 5060 for zanadoo.eu.

Would it be possible to use another port?

Yes and it works. I don’t use their SIP provider, just the regular phone line with RJ11.

That is also SIP/VoIP using port 5060 where de Experia Box acts as a VoIP ATA.

Therefore I can't determine if it is possible to use another port than 5060 for zanadoo.eu.

Yes, it is possible. We tried 6060 but it didn’t work as well. Why did you ask for a different port? Do you think it could be an issue with the VOIP from KPN?

It is very weird that after the move the Greek VOIP stopped working. I am still moving into the house and I haven’t found the time to call KPN support, but I think it is time to call them, most probably be end of this week as we now live in the house and we need the Greek VOIP.

That is also SIP/VoIP using port 5060 where de Experia Box acts as a VoIP ATA.

Do you think that it plays a role?

But why in the new house and not in the old house. It is the same setup, at least on my side.

Reputatie 7

Yes, it is possible. We tried 6060 but it didn’t work as well. Why did you ask for a different port? Do you think it could be an issue with the VOIP from KPN?

Exactly, that's what I think. Although it should not be the case there are other customers that have reported similar issues.

Is port 6060 really a valid port for zanadoo.eu? Normally you see a range of port from for example 5060 to 5080.

But why in the new house and not in the old house. It is the same setup, at least on my side.

In that case the Experia Box uses port 5060 for telephony as well.

If you had the same Experia Box and the same subscription (including telephony from KPN) I would expect no issues as well.

Have you also contacted Zanadoo.eu?

Exactly, that's what I think. Although it should not be the case there are other customers that have reported similar issues.

Is port 6060 really a valid port for zanadoo.eu? Normally you see a range of port from for example 5060 to 5080.

It is as they recommended to use it!

In that case the Experia Box uses port 5060 for telephony as well.

If you had the same Experia Box and the same subscription (including telephony from KPN) I would expect no issues as well.

Have you also contacted Zanadoo.eu?

Yes and I will do it today again. We do troubleshooting together !!!

Thanks a lot for your time and your assistance, it is very much appreciated

I put the VOIP behind Mikrotik router so I can run tcpdump on the traffic between the VOIP device and internet and I see inside the packets that the device sends the following internal IP address.

Contact URI Host Part: 192.168.88.219
                Contact URI Host Port: 6060

Is that normal? I don’t know much about SIP but if that internal IP is passed to SIP server then I am wondering if it is using it or not.