Vraag

Missing media converter fibre point

• 26 April 2024
  • 10 reacties
  • 159 keer bekeken

Hello,

I am a new subscriber and will start using fiber optic connection. Since I am switching from coax cable, I don't have an active connection point or media converter at the end of the fiber box in the meter cabinet.

First, an appointment was made but the technician was late and didn't come on time and we have agreed on re-scheduling. I've called customer service for another appointment.

Couple of hours later, my next appointment got canceled and I got the following message saying I had already had a fiber connection and needed to complete installation by myself.

> Beste klant, volgens onze gegevens heeft u al glasvezel, en heeft u geen monteur nodig om dit aan te sluiten. Wilt u toch meer weten over een afspraak met een monteur? Bezoek dan https://ga.kpn/monteur Groet, KPN

When I check my fiber box again, I haven't seen a connection point for ethernet, therefore the task is not achievable with the given hardware (router).

Do I need to buy a media converter and connect it by myself or should I expect a technician?

Best regards.

10 reacties

Reputatie 7

A technician is needed for placing the NTU.

I hope a moderator will have a look at this issue and will arrange an appointment with a technician to place the NTU.

You can also call customer service on 0800-0402 and explain the situation. They should be able to see that the NTU is missing.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

No you really need an technician for the installation. Call customer support or go to  https://ga.kpn/monteur. You don’t need to buy anything yourself.

Hello @wjb & @Ik_Combineer,

Thank you for your responses.

I hope a moderator checks and arranges an appointment for me, since the previous one was cancelled by them.

I will try to reach out to the customer support call center tomorrow.

Best regards.

Hello,

I would like to update the topic as a technician will come and visit me on Friday and a media converter will be delivered to me with PostNL.

Today, I called the customer support and a gentleman helped me out.

Sincerely.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

You will probably get the wrong NT, @DaveA this FTU needs to be rebuild by a technician isnt it? I don't really have those in my region and only encountered them once.

I tried to explain that the box is not a recent one and tried explain the shape of the box to the support agent with the same concern. We will see very soon. I will keep updating the topic.

At least I learnt that Ziggo will not be cancelled before my KPN goes live.

Reputatie 7

I have exactly the same FTU with a Genexis Gigabit NTU.

Reputatie 4
Badge +4

Hi @Ik_Combineer,  I've never come across that either. But I think a Genexis NTU should just go over that? We do have that on the bus.

Reputatie 7
Badge +9

@DaveA @Ik_Combineer @CanD It this the same?

https://www.heldenvan.nu/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/GIM-003-NL-upgrade-+-actieve-units.pdf

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

@wjb @DaveA in our area we have an neighbourhood with these kind of FTU's but the streetcabinet is change from GOF to PON. So we have an kit to transform them. (The plastic cover on the original FTU is placed back after this photo)

If the ftu is in the cupboard then this is a viable option, if it is in the living room in full sight we will send an fusielas technician to replace the whole FTU so it looks even better. So the transformation is only in certain regions where they changed from GOF to PON.

Reageer