Beantwoord

Sagemcom F5359 - Unique/seperate SSID for 2.4/5 GHz

• 31 January 2021
  • 6 reacties
  • 984 keer bekeken

Hi,

Been playing around with the modem (Sagemcom F5359 ) settings, mostly the Wi-Fi settings. I have quite a bit of old tech appliances and old school tech which I would like to manage on my Wi-Fi, route them all via 2.4 GHz. While on the other hand, I manage my 5GHz SSID with newer tech.

However, I noticed that it seems I cannot have two separate SSID’s for my 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. HOWEVER, this option is available via the guest Wi-Fi access??? (which inherently simply utilizes another subnet).

I guess my question is, can I split my main Wi-Fi  - as in have, two unique SSIDs; one for each x-GHz ?

I would like to manually and specifically add devices to the various SSID’s as I deem fit. Is this possible?

Or am I going to have to misuse the guest Wi-Fi option and then setup forwarding to the internal (not guest) subnet?

This seems so unnecessary … ?

Any advise is greatly appreciated :upside_down:

Alvast bedankt

Shaka

icon

Beste antwoord door SledgehammerNL 31 January 2021, 18:17

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

6 reacties

There’s mention of a KPN TOOL that can help me to do this - anyone know where I can find it?

Badge +12

You can find all settings right here. It’s all in Dutch though...I don’t own a V12 and I am with XS4ALL (KPN-brand). The don’t use Experiabox or KPN-tools. 

thx @SledgehammerNL , but alas, that is exactly what I do not want… “Let op: het SSID geldt zowel voor het 2,4GHz als voor het 5GHz netwerk! Een handige QR-code is beschikbaar om een apparaat snel toegang te geven tot je KPN Box 12.”

I want to be able to have two different SSID’s; one 1x  2.4 GHz & 1 x 5 GHz.

I do not see any mention or any method that allows you to set 2 x different SSID’s in the manual.

Badge +12

thx @SledgehammerNL , but alas, that is exactly what I do not want… “Let op: het SSID geldt zowel voor het 2,4GHz als voor het 5GHz netwerk! Een handige QR-code is beschikbaar om een apparaat snel toegang te geven tot je KPN Box 12.”

I want to be able to have two different SSID’s; one 1x  2.4 GHz & 1 x 5 GHz.

I do not see any mention or any method that allows you to set 2 x different SSID’s in the manual.

Correct. It's not possible to separate Both bands. Only in guest access mode, but you figgered that out already. The only Experiabox which can seperate bands is the V10. But KPN will not swich them...So you have a problem..

Solutions: mount extra access points and disable wifi on the V12. Those AP's provide you seprate bands. For example TP-Link Omada EAP225/245. But there are more brands/types. 

Other option: hire a Fritz!Box. They have all those possibilaties. It will cost you €7,49 a month.

Yeah, thx @SledgehammerNL , that’s what I thought. Find it shameful that KPN does not allow Power Usage to their devices. I’m all for making it as easy as possible for mot people to set up wi-fi etc. , but not to allow the option of advanced usage is a bit “meh”…

I cannot even upgrade or change firmware on the fly. 

thx for you input ;-)

Badge +12

Yep, the Experiabox is fully managed by KPN. That's why I am glad to have a Fritz!Box 7590. Fully managed by...yes...ME!