Vraag

Wifi is only half speed of ethernet (100MB subscription)

• 15 January 2021
  • 5 reacties
  • 58 keer bekeken

Hello,
Now I’m using a 100 MB/s internet subscription but my wifi speed is only 50MB/s even my laptop or ipad or mobile phone is very close by the Experia Box V10 modem. Is it because of Experia Box V10?

If I use the wired connection then the speed is around 92 MB/s which is ok. 

Previously my internet subscription is from Telfort (TFT subscription and max downspeed is 50MB/s) and the wifi speed is around 48MB/s. I’ve just switched to 100 MB/s with higher cost but the wifi speed is almost the same as the previous cheaper Telfort subscription.

Can someone please help me? How can I make my wifi speed better?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Duc

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

5 reacties

Also during the day the wifi sometimes drops and I need to reset the button. 

I forgot to mention that I was a Telfort customer for more than 2 years. I’m still using their modem. So is it the case that this Telfort modem doesn’t support more than 50MB?

Hi @Duc Luu . Welcome to the forum.

What kind of experiabox do you have? The earlier models support only 2,4ghz. bandwidth

Hello @Erwin_ 
I have a v10 Experia box. 

The v10 is more than capable of transmitting high wifi speeds. It has a 5Ghz band. 

Can you check if your phones/tablets/laptops suppert 5Ghz? Did you ever make any changes in the v10? If not it should transmit a 5Ghz signal.

This signal is only effective if you connect to it while the V10 is in the same room.