Vraag

my kpn remote control is not compatible with my TV, OK. ODL32642H-DB.

• 5 February 2020
  • 11 reacties
  • 811 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1

First of all I would like to apologize you for the post written into English due to my Dutch language problem.
Respectfully, my KPN remote control is not compatible with my TV, OK. ODL32642H-DB, I carried out all the instructions found in KPN website, following link:
https://www.kpn.com/televisie/installeren/afstandsbediening/instellen.htm
When I insert in Merknaam televisie option the name of the TV, OK., it gives me the code of 463 doing all the instructions, and then, for changing the volume and tuning on/off the TV functions I must use the TV’s own remote control and for the other functions like changing channels, teletext...I must use the kpn tv-ontvanger’s remote control, and when I insert the name of the TV model, ODL32642H-DB. in Modelnummer televisie option it tells,” Er zijn helaas geen codes gevonden voor het opgegeven modelnummer”.
Also I proved the option of the “ Mijn merk staat er niet tussen’ following the snelcode ‘20’, I face the same problem as told above in which some options work with kpn’s remote control and some other work with the TV’s own remote control, please how I am able to fix the above problem using only the kpn remote control, it is to explain that my kpn remote control is Versie C3 (meegeleverd tot november 2014), thanking you.

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

HI! @shahram-m, No apology needed for creating a topic in English. I'm sorry to hear that the remote doesn't work properly. Thanks for providing me with all the information about the tv. I find it weird that some functions do work, but not all. 

If I understand you correctly, you tried the following codes, 463 and 20. If I search for codes that are compatible with your tv, I also find the following three codes: 001 366 402. Do you mind giving those codes a try? I hope one of those codes is the solution to the remote-TV problem, haha!

Please let me know if it still doesn't work. If that's the case I'll find you an other solution. This might be a ‘creative’ one. :blush:

Reputatie 1

HI! @shahram-m, No apology needed for creating a topic in English. I'm sorry to hear that the remote doesn't work properly. Thanks for providing me with all the information about the tv. I find it weird that some functions do work, but not all. 

If I understand you correctly, you tried the following codes, 463 and 20. If I search for codes that are compatible with your tv, I also find the following three codes: 001 366 402. Do you mind giving those codes a try? I hope one of those codes is the solution to the remote-TV problem, haha!

Please let me know if it still doesn't work. If that's the case I'll find you an other solution. This might be a ‘creative’ one. :blush:

Thanking for your respond, I proved the codes which you had given me(001, 366, 402), but, they did not help, and the problem still exists, as told above, some functions work with kpn remote control and some other functions with the TV’s own remote control.

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@shahram-m So, I needed to find some more information about this issue. It seems that you are nog the only one with this problem. There are more people with an OK. tv who need to use two remotes. This problem occurs with our new type of remote control. Would you please open the battery cover for me, and see what type of remote control you have? It's probably a C3 of D3. 

If I know your answer, I'm going to ask our logistics department if they can send you our ‘older’ type of remote-control. I can't give you any guarantees, but I will try. BTW It won't be a peace of history that I will send you, it's just a different design. :joy:

Reputatie 1

@shahram-m So, I needed to find some more information about this issue. It seems that you are nog the only one with this problem. There are more people with an OK. tv who need to use two remotes. This problem occurs with our new type of remote control. Would you please open the battery cover for me, and see what type of remote control you have? It's probably a C3 of D3. 

If I know your answer, I'm going to ask our logistics department if they can send you our ‘older’ type of remote-control. I can't give you any guarantees, but I will try. BTW It won't be a peace of history that I will send you, it's just a different design. :joy:

As I told in above posts, also I have to use two remote, one the TV’s own remote and the second is the kpn remote, as I told before, some functions work with the kpn remote and some others work with the TV’s own remote, the version of my kpn is C3 (the old one, I think); “ Versie C3 (meegeleverd tot november 2014) ", thanking you. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@shahram-m I'm sorry if I did not make myself clear with my previous post. I meant you have the (exact) same issue as other customers from us! I will see what I can do from here, you will here from me! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@shahram-m I almost forgot to ask you to update your profile. Zip code, house number, and customer number are all I need, and only visible to KPN Moderators. 

Reputatie 1

@shahram-m I almost forgot to ask you to update your profile. Zip code, house number, and customer number are all I need, and only visible to KPN Moderators. 

Thanking you, I updated my profile giving the information that you had asked me, respectfully I fear that if I receive an older kpn remote than this one that at present I have, I will face more problem, thanking you again.

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@shahram-m I just sent a newer type of remote to your address. I assume you receive it tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully this remote will work for your device. Please let me know! 

Reputatie 1

thank you very much for your help.

Reputatie 1

@shahram-m I just sent a newer type of remote to your address. I assume you receive it tomorrow or Wednesday. Hopefully this remote will work for your device. Please let me know! 

Thanking you, today I received the mentioned above new remote control; I installed according to the  instructions (the code 366 was better, for the OK. TV), but the problem still exists, in this sense that some functions work with the KPN remote and some other functions work with the TV’s own remote, I fear that the KPN remote basically is not compatible with the OK. TVs and I have to go ahead using two remotes,  however it is good to have a new remote in order not to face further problems as result of an old remote later, please this is my question whether I must send back my old remote to KPN? if yes, please give me the address where I must send it back, I would like to thank you for your valuable efforts to try to help me.

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

@shahram-m Ahh, I'm sorry to hear this! Since we do not have any other remote controls we could possibly try, I assume you are right. Our remotes might/are nog compatible with your OK. TV. You do not have to send the old remote back, you could recycle it somewhere you like. Of course, you could also bring it back to one of our stores or send it to:

KPN Serviceretouren
Antwoordnummer 10119
2400VB Alphen a/d Rijn

If there's something else I could help you with, please let me know! You're more than welcome on our Forum! :blush:

Reageer