Asked for number transfer but instead my contract was cancelled resulting in a fee

• 24 March 2024
  • 0 reacties
  • 16 keer bekeken

In December, I started a new chapter by moving to the Netherlands. I subscribed to a SIM-only plan with KPN. However, the network stability left much to be desired, leading me to explore alternatives. To my surprise, switching to another provider, which utilizes KPN's network but provides a more reliable connection.

Driven by this condition, I contacted customer service to inquire about transferring my number from KPN without canceling my existing subscription. The customer service representative needed to consult with their manager, and upon connection, the manager informed me that the transfer was feasible and that I would receive a new number. This assurance led me to proceed with number retention. I'm also double-checking and asking several times about the possibility of this swap sim transition.

Contrary to assurances, this process unexpectedly resulted in the cancellation of my KPN subscription and a substantial lump sum fee of 364 euros. This outcome was particularly shocking, as I had made it clear from the outset that cancellation was not my intent, given my need for two SIM cards since I have two mobile phones too. Despite conflicting information, subsequent attempts to discuss the matter were met with several times hang up the conversation.and some customer service really rude and shout out to me, some customer service just say “im so sorry, i cannot help you”. many time try to reach them out, end up reluctance to engage in meaningful dialogue, leaving me no closer to a resolution, except to insist me to pay the amount and buy another subscription from them.

I turned to the KPN forum, where moderators confirmed the possibility of such a transfer. Despite this, customer service remained unyielding, leaving me with no choice but to settle the unexpected charge for a 3 gb service I scarcely used for two months. This financial setback was a significant blow, especially for someone just starting their professional journey abroad. This experience has been a stark reminder to recognise my position to prevent similar precarious situations in the face of big comnpany. And now, to make it easier, I'm going to think my decision to choose this provider was perhaps an unfortunate stroke of bad luck.

0 reacties

Er zijn nog geen reacties. Reageer als eerste.

Reageer