Beantwoord

4G LTE video calls

• 13 February 2020
  • 2 reacties
  • 67 keer bekeken

I was wondering if KPN supports video calls via LTE.

On this website I found this information "KPN komt in 2017 met Videobellen via 4G". What is the status?

https://www.kpn.com/beleef/mobiel/supersnel-bellen-over-het-4g-netwerk-van-kpn.htm

Does video calls via 3G still work? How much do they cost as I count not find it in the price list

icon

Beste antwoord door Nadia 19 February 2020, 10:22

Bekijk origineel

2 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hey @Mpiotrek, sure we do! The majority of devices are supported by us on VoLTE.

What do you need to get VoLTE available on your device? 

• You have a KPN subscription
  • You have a telephone that is suitable for 4G calling (VoLTE), and with the right software that supports 4G calling for KPN. Telephones purchased by elderly people and / or coming from other cases do not always provide the right software.

No extra costs are charged for calling and texting via WiFi. The minutes and texts fall under the use of your regular bundle.

Video calls on VoLTE? That's a good question. I will inform internally what the status is. I'll be back… :)

Reputatie 7

Hello @Mpiotrek, thanks for waiting. I spoke with the developer, we have not yet implemented 4G video calling. We have done a number of tests, unfortunately without the desired quality results. We are planning to develop video calling for next year. To be continued…. ;)

Reageer