Beantwoord

No service KPN sim-card in the UK

• 28 February 2024
  • 6 reacties
  • 77 keer bekeken

I have had my KPN sim-card in the UK. I have not topped it up with credit for many months. I do not have any service and can’t top it up as I can’t call or text any numbers. Can someone help me out here? I did have service but I was told it goes in-active after 90 days.

icon

Beste antwoord door RBxx 28 February 2024, 15:34

Bekijk origineel

6 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

Hi @DanDent  Didn't you use this prepaid sim-card al all for some time?

A prepaid SIM card remains valid indefinitely as long as you actively use it. You must use some of the credit every 6 months for calling, texting and/or internet. After 5 and 6 months a reminder will be sent via text message. After 6 months of inactivity, the number will first be blocked outgoing. Then you can only call and receive free numbers and you still have 90 days to unblock the number by topping up the credit. If you do not do this, the number will then be completely blocked and canceled. That is irreparable.

Yes I did use it. I was able to send texts, make and receive calls. All of a sudden I had no service (I did not top up during this time). Even if I go in store to KPN there is no way I can unblock the number again?

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

So you did use it recently. Then the above can't be the case. However, if you do not have service then something else must be wrong. Is there still any credit left or not? It may also be a simcard failure. Are you able to visit a KPN store? They should be able to sort it out.

Can you still call 1244 ?

If not, the number is expired. With prepaid it is not possible to reclaim an expired number. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @DanDent, welcome! Is it working again? You don't need to top it up, if you're using it frequently (once every 6 months). If you don't use it in these 6 months, then you have to top it up in order to keep the number. If you didn't, the number is gone and I cannot get it back :(.

Even if I go in store to KPN there is no way I can unblock the number again?

If you still can call 1244 AND you are in the netherlands you can top up with a paper receipt. Availble in KPN store, Dutch supermarkt, magazine store, gas station, Mediamarkt.

With using outside Nederland it is important to top up with in 6 maanden after the last top up AND voordat het tegoed op is.

Sorry voor het Nederlands. De woord correctie op mijn telefoon snapt Engels niet. En ik kon niet op de laatste woorden komen.  Helaas enkele dagen geen pc tot mijn beschikking. 

Reageer