Beantwoord

Accessing locally hosted computer without opening DMZ

• 10 January 2023
  • 5 reacties
  • 106 keer bekeken

I have a query , If I want to host local server for private use on my network and want to access remotely via the static ip in the modem/ router , what option would you suggest to use from the router / modem. 

I don't think DMZ is an option now . Ash

I want to understand, how can I use one of the methods without violating security protocols of KPN . 

icon

Beste antwoord door wjb 10 January 2023, 17:15

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

5 reacties

Reputatie 7

Never use DMZ to access a computer that is absolutely insecure.

Make sure the LAN IP address of your computer will not change by defining a DHCP reservation in the Experia/KPN Box.

Setup port-forwardings to the IP address of the PC for the ports you want to be able to access.

My Laptop is on Local static IP , I have reserved IP for this Mac address. Can I use following by creating Manual Rule ? Do you have any instruction to use this with security without exposing to probable security threats .

Reputatie 7

You can use the port-forwarding functionality.

Ofcourse you should only forward those ports needed to access the functionality you need on that PC.

I don't know what you want to achieve but if it is that you want to take over that computer through remote desktop than I would advise you to use a VPN connection to your home network and access the PC within that VPN connection instead of just forwarding the port for RDP to your PC.

I want to use webservice hosted on my laptop remotely . 

Reputatie 7

I want to use webservice hosted on my laptop remotely . 

Than just forward the port under which the webservice can be reached.