Beantwoord

Can I get an external IP-address, so I can access my NAS?

• 20 June 2022
  • 7 reacties
  • 412 keer bekeken

hello it its possibility get extern IP-nummer ? or how to do this on my modem ? 

I wanna share my files on my NAS to my family via network . Then I wanna know this is possibility get files via my IP ? 

icon

Beste antwoord door Vulpen 20 June 2022, 15:21

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

7 reacties

Reputatie 6
Badge +9

Hi Richard,

Youve already got an public (external) ip-adress.

If you need to klnow what ip it is you copuld check a site like whatismyip.com which lists you IPV4 aswell as your IPV6 adress. 

To beable to use it for your purpose you probably going to need to forward various ports on the router to your NAS. The specific method to do that is Router specific but there are a couple of manuals floating around on this forum for that purpose.

But security wise it might not be the best option to openup a NAS directly onto the internet, so make sure your NAS Solution is secure enough for that purpose

Reputatie 7

Hi @Richard63, welcome to our forum. Vulpen has given you some pointers do to this, have you managed to try that?

@Richard63 With all due respect, I am worried about your data security.

If you are not even aware how to find the external IP, how would you safely open the correct ports, forward them to the Synology, setup the Synology firewall correctly and create groups and authorisation to give access to only those documents you’d allow to share?

There is an active community scanning ports for NAS devices with the aim to hack/ encrypt them. So my advice is to be really careful before proceeding, go to the synology forums and knowledge base, do not use uPnP from the synology to open the ports.

first I trying open port on my plex server .

Plex server be on port 32400 , I was add rules on port forwarding, but its still closed 

on 192.168.2.109 - i have my pc with plex server 

32400 port

I didint know what I have to whrite on external host ? ip my modem ? or what 😮 ?

*but its still does work 

When I was on DMZ  : Now its fine. But its good ? because i didint know how to work port forwarding 

*yes When I power off DMZ, to OFF , i didint have connection from outside 

DMZ is indeed the best way to give everybody free access to your LAN.  I can only advise you to stop until you understand what you are doing..

Im already off dmz. But why i Have problem with port forwarding? 

Its does work 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

first I trying open port on my plex server .

Plex server be on port 32400 , I was add rules on port forwarding, but its still closed 

Hi @Richard63, leave external host empty. Then it should work. And, for the future, your external IP adress is also retrievable from your personal MijnKPN environment :)

We have knowledgebase articles that can help further. They are in Dutch but have screenshots and otherwise Google Translate should be able to deal with them.

First this one to give your device a static (internal) IP:

Then this one on how to setup the port forwards (but from what I see in your screenshot, that is mostly correct already.

I also reiterate what's been said: if you do not really understand what it is and what it does, do not use DMZ. Read up on how to properly configure your Synology and Plex devices so they are protected.