Beantwoord

Experia Box v10 - VPN stopped working

• 30 June 2020
  • 5 reacties
  • 315 keer bekeken

I’m using the Windows built-in VPN client to connect to my office network with L2TP/IPsec. It was working fine until a few days ago but it now stopped working, giving the error attached in the screenshot. 

I didn’t change any settings and the same VPN connection still works fine if I connect from a different network or from a hotspot. I read in other posts that similar problems were cause by updates in the Experia Box firmware, could that be the case?

icon

Beste antwoord door wjb 30 June 2020, 16:51

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

5 reacties

Reputatie 7

Are you still able to connect with an Android or iOS phone or tablet with the VPN through wifi?

There have been no recent firmware updates on the V10 (without a).

Hi @wjb 

yes, it does work from Android

Reputatie 7

yes, it does work from Android

Then the problem seems to be caused by Windows, not by the Experia Box.

Ik know that Windows doesn't "like" double NAT environments but that would imply something must have changed at the other side of the connection.

It seems that there was no change on the server side and my colleagues are still connecting successfully.

Is there a way to disable the router firewall to see if it is blocking the connection from Windows?

Reputatie 7

Hi Robin, welcome! There have been no recent changes to the Experia Box. So, I'm inclined to agree with @wjb here. Double check with your company IT if anything was changed on their eind.

It is not possible to disable the Experia Box firewall. However that is also not necessary. If you connect to a VPN, all traffic will go through that VPN tunnel with which the Experia Box does nothing.