Beantwoord

Wiz Smart Plug: It does not work with my WiFi from Box 12

• 7 January 2023
  • 8 reacties
  • 108 keer bekeken

Hello!

I recently bought a smart plug (brand Wiz) that operates on 2.4GHz Wifi, however it does not work when I’m using my wifi. I tried to use the “guest” wifi, but it doesn’t work. I tried to use the extra wifi with only 2.4 GHz, but it doesn't work either. When I tried to use the smart plug with a phone’s hotspot, it worked out perfectly, but of course I cannot use it every time with a hotspot. I looked out here in the forum to see if I needed to “turn off” a firewall, but I saw that Box 12 (the one that I have) does not have that option. 

Anyone can help me figure out this problem?

Thank you so much in advance

icon

Beste antwoord door GeSp 8 January 2023, 00:58

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

8 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +18

Hallo @Emmanuella Nodari 

You can try if setting the Box 12 to WiFi 5 for 2.4GHz will help.

Go to WiFi Settings, change the Wireless Mode to 802.11b+g+n (2.4GHz), this will also have effect on the Extra WiFi network.

@GeSp Thank you for your reply!

However I already have the settings on that mode and still it does not work. 

Do you have any other advice?

Reputatie 7
Badge +18

@Emmanuella Nodari 

Yes, that's the default (WiFi 6), you should change that to 802.11b+g+n (WiFi5) some equipment doesn't work with WiFi 6

@GeSp Do I need to change both to 802.11b+g+n? Cause right now I changed only one of them and it stil does not work :(

Reputatie 7
Badge +18

If the SmartPlug only uses 2.4GHz you don’t have to change the 5GHz setting.

You can try it but if don't think it will make any difference, WiFi 5 for 5GHz is  802.11a+n+ac

Did you also try to connect it to the Extra WiFi network after changing the 2.4GHz setting?

@GeSp Thank you so much for all of your advices.

Yes, I tried to connect the extra wifi network after changing the settings, but still it does not work, it says on the Wiz app that I have a problem with a “transmission of UDP on my network”, do you know what I could do?

Reputatie 7
Badge +18

@Emmanuella Nodari

During setup of the Plug your phone has to be connected to the same (extra WiFi) network, I presume you are doing that?

Or else you could try this, found this on there website, how this actually is connecting a Plug to the network is unclear to me:

@GeSp Thank you so much! It worked!