Beantwoord

I canceled my subscription in May, still not processed

• 28 August 2023
  • 11 reacties
  • 69 keer bekeken

Hello, 

Does anyone else struggle with KPN’s service. 

I’ve cancelled my subscription on a monthly basis since MAY. It keeps on getting activated and they want to charge me. At this point it’s just ridiculous. The customer service I spoke to a month ago even ACTIVATED the subscription when I asked to cancel. How can I proceed to report them all? It should not take 3 months to cancel.

DO NOT subscribe with KPN.

Best, 

Carolina

icon

Beste antwoord door Bart van KPN 12 December 2023, 09:52

Bekijk origineel

11 reacties

Hello!

This is exactly what they’ve been doing to me as well! I’ve been cancelling since May, I paid off everything in July and now they sent another bill for the month of august event though I don’t even have the service anymore. Unfortunately, no one follows up either in the matter and I’m calling now on a weekly basis to have someone cancel the bills. Did it get sorted on your side? 

Admin: moved comment to commenters own topic

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Hi @Carolina Valero! I'd like to help you resolve this situation. Could you explain how you asked for the cancellation the first time? Was this over the phone, or through the form on our website?

Also, could you fill in your profile? It seems like a lot has already happened in this case. And I want to prevent further delays. Let me know here when you've updated your profile and I`ll help you get this fixed. 🙂

Hi! 
I’ve been cancelling over the phone because that’s how I was told to proceed.

Back in July I even paid off the “final payment” supposedly and customer service said it would be cancelled. It turned out the person (I’ve made two reports against him as I have his name, I can share it with you later) wrote that I wished to extend my contract (which is a lie - I also gave consent to listen through the call to hear that I was calling AGAIN to cancel the subscription). 

I should and won’t be paying any bills coming in, honestly it shouldn’t take 4 months to cancel and I don’t understand why this is not being escalated knowing that the person (M.S.) went against my wishes and didn’t cancel. I asked for assistance and was told someone would call, then I was told no one will call as I only have a foreign number and KPN refuses to call to a non Dutch number. The bill for August September is not something I should be paying, I’m not a customer nor user since MAY. Supposedly the Mobile subscription that this person M.S. didn’t cancel has been cancelled but no one has responded to the bill that KPN wants to be paid.m for the month of august and September due to this employee. How can we proceed? And should I contact HR personally to report this person? The fact that an employee has, with my bank details chosen to extend a contract against my wishes is extremely uncomfortable. I’ve asked for support, for emails, I can look up HR people from LinkedIn but I honestly just want to resolve this bill and not have to do anything with KPN due to its lack of quality and service. 

My profile is updated, I had someone else telling me the same and then no one ever followed up. 

Best,

carolina 

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Hi @Carolina Valero. I've carefully read all information in this case. Unfortunately there is nothing further I can add.

When you ask for cancellation we need to contact you to confirm this. Both times you've asked for cancellation we failed to reach you. This is because you didn't have a Dutch mobile phone number. Which is completely understandable. After this however we sent you a message on several platforms. We've sent clear instructions on how you can reach us to complete the cancellation. Both times we've not heard back from you. This is in May and in August. 

We have eventually closed the contract with a final date of 14 September. This is following your contact in August. This is due to the standard one month cancellation time. 

To clarify further, we've not extended your contract without your permission. The contract you had is a monthly contract. This automatically renews every month, as was agreed when the contract was signed. This happens every month until you cancel your contract, with the month cancellation time. 

I wish I'd have a different answer. But this matter has gone through 2 official complaints and several colleagues and departements. I`m sorry to say this is the only answer I can give you. 

Hello, 

I believe there’s a misunderstanding but “trying to reach me on different platforms”, you haven’t even reached me by email? You personally didn’t even contact me though I followed up with the details here on my profile so where did you contact me?

I have cancelled monthly by the phone on your customer support line monthly. I paid the monthly fee and asked to cancel and Marcel Safar put the explicit comment of “wishing to proceed”, against my consent. I spoke to jörgen kramer last week who saw what has happened and told me I would be refunded on the mistake. I haven’t received a refund yet and today I received ANOTHER BILL. This contract was supposed to be cancelled. I received the email saying I’ve cancelled so can you please cancel this is too much. It shouldn’t be this hard, I’ve been asking to cancel since the 19th of May! 

You should be able to see the amount of times I’ve been calling so to say I’ve not been reached is quite ridiculous. Can I get an email address please? I want to escalate it as it’s too much, I’m calling on a monthly basis now I just want to get rid of KPN I’ve never seen such poor help, I’m literally cancelling since MAY, let me just cancel and go I do not wish to be a customer. I haven’t used the number since May and you keep on sending bills and I ask to cancel every single time. 

Hello, 

I was supposed to be refunded 3 weeks ago, still nothing. Can I get an update? 

Thanks

Carolina

Hello, 

I was supposed to be refunded last week, nothing was sent to my bank. I called in again twice to know more and was told I’d be contacted, I’ve already explained to customer service that I do not have a Dutch number and cannot therefor be contacted on any Dutch number. Unfortunately the woman I spoke to, put the KPN Dutch number to reach me on (which I obviously don’t have). No one wants to reach out by mail and the automatic message claims that if I don’t respond to the Dutch number (which I don’t have) within 5 days the case is closed. Can someone help me please, I only have a foreign number which they refuse to contact me on. 

I just want my money it’s been such a complicated process with KPN. My case number is: 1256397451

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

I see you had contact on the first of december with my colleague. 5 december you got an e-mail with a phone number and a pincode. Please call that number as soon as possible. My colleague would like to speak to you about your issue. 

Hello,

I’ve tried to call but I need the foreign number as the call won’t go through with my French phone. Can you share it please ?

thank you,

Carolina 

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Carolina Valero, I had contact with my colleague. He took a deepdive into you request. He made a credit of 152 euro. The amount you have paid to much since may. You will see it on the next invoice, probably around 11 january. the amount will be offset on the next invoice.

Reageer