Beantwoord

Can't log in to my V12 modem

• 4 March 2022
  • 3 reacties
  • 282 keer bekeken

I am trying to enter using https://mijnmodem.kpn/2.0/gui/#/login/ but it failing every time. 

I tried password as three type:

1. Blank 
  2. admin 
  3. password
  4. Also tried admin password written in Modem. I feel my engineer has change my admin password.

Still it is failing all 3 times. I have v12 modem from KPN

icon

Beste antwoord door Dragons 5 March 2022, 21:59

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

Reputatie 5
Badge +6

You probably allready used the password that is on the sticker on the backside of the modem itself. Also you can connect to the modem interface on 192.168.2.254. Because you got an Box12 their is an QR code om the modem that you could scan with your phone for example and see what information comes out of that maybe you could see ypur password that way.

First of all thanks for password issue resolution.

I tried with KPN Thuis app where I can set or use QR to get admin password. So later I am able to login, still only problem I stuck now how to enable 2.4 Ghz. All my smart equipment works on 2.4Ghz and wifi is on 5Ghz so unable to connect them. 

Also, range of wifi is not great, so I would be happy to switch to 2.4Ghz. Can you help with some link where I should do next ? 

Yesterday I mistakenly switched of Wifi services on modem. Luckily I was able to get back to old situation. 

Thanks for the help.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Vivek S, welcome! It is not possible on the Box 12 to change the frequencies of the main wifi. That one uses roaming and bandsteering to automatically determine the best frequency to use.

However, under the advanced wifi settings you can activate Extrawifi. This will add a secondary wifi network where you can disable the 5GHz so it only works with 2.4.