Beantwoord

Chat encoder can't connect to server

• 30 April 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 101 keer bekeken

Hello everyone!

So since I switched to KPN I am having issues with connecting to the chat encoder that I use for streaming. Every time I try to log into the chat encoder I get the message ‘’can’t connect to server’’.

I tried to connect from my laptop, from pc, through wireless and through cable...still can’t connect…

I know for sure it is not a problem with the chat encoder, cause it worked from my friend apartment...she got different internet company...it also worked for me when I was with different company…

So I am wondering what can be a problem here?

Thanks a lot for any ideas!

icon

Beste antwoord door Erik van KPN 6 May 2020, 13:33

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @kingsqueen, welcome! Apologies for the late repsonse, it's quite busy here these days. The problem started from the moment your KPN connection was activated? We don't block traffic. So, I'm pretty sure this is not on us. Which leaves two things. Your home network or device, or a server side issue. Now, since you have this with all your devices, I’m also pretty sure it's not something in the settings of either the software or your devices. Which leaves server side. And then I think this is a case of IP block. So, I recommend you contact the chat enoder company and have them check if your IP is black listed. And if it is, if they would unblock you.

Hi @kingsqueen, welcome! Apologies for the late repsonse, it's quite busy here these days. The problem started from the moment your KPN connection was activated? We don't block traffic. So, I'm pretty sure this is not on us. Which leaves two things. Your home network or device, or a server side issue. Now, since you have this with all your devices, I’m also pretty sure it's not something in the settings of either the software or your devices. Which leaves server side. And then I think this is a case op IP block. So, I recommend you contact the chat enoder company and have them check if your IP is black listed. And if it is, if they would unblock you.

Thanks so much Erik!!
So I did what you advised me to do. And you were absolutely right. The producers of chat encoder blocked it, because of malicious attacks from  KPN network...Crazy…

Once again, thank you!!!

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Excellent, good to hear that this was indeed the problem and that is has been resolved :) Your IP address, before you got it, has been used for other customers. It is possible that at some point one of them did something that got the IP blocked.