Beantwoord

Installation, can I do it myself or do I need to order a technician

• 25 April 2024
  • 13 reacties
  • 102 keer bekeken

Hello,

I ordered home internet last week, the modem reached me. The active date was 26/04/2024. But I did not receive any confirmation e-mail from KPN.

I don't know whether I will do the installation myself or a technician will come, I would be very happy if you could help me.

Thanks in advance

Admin: gegevens verwijderd i.v.m. privacy

icon

Beste antwoord door Noordzee 26 April 2024, 07:31

Bekijk origineel

13 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +28

Hello @a.ahmet ,

You have to do the installation yourselfes. Today (26-4-2024) is the start of your contract. 

This is the instruction:

https://www.kpn.com/service/internet/installatiegarantie

My KPN internet subscription started on April 26. I've been trying to use broken internet for about a week. My internet keeps cutting out.

I contacted KPN customer service and they sent a technician. The technician tried to solve the problem and found that the problem was in KPN's underground cables. He said that he needed to make an appointment with another company for this and made an appointment for April 13th.

Now my question is, I am paying for internet that I could not use, why?

It's strange that no one wants to apologize for this. Of course, I applied to KPN to cancel my internet subscription. I don't know when it will be processed.

I am not satisfied with KPN customer service!

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

@a.ahmet if you have an technical issue you need to keep paying, after the issue is fixed KPN can calculate how many days you had a problem and can reimburse you. KPN doesn't do that proactively.

Hi @Ik_Combineer 

I filled out the online form to cancel my KPN internet service. In the confirmation email I received, it said that I would be called by KPN customer services, but no one has called me yet. What should I do to speed up the proceedings? Thanks in advance

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

I'm an kpn engineering and I don't work at the customer service, so I'm sorry but I cannot help you with that. An moderator should be in this topic after a while and can answer you.

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

Hi @a.ahmet. Welcome to the KPN Forum. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any data in the KPN Forum profile, so I don't have the ability to look into this for you. Could you still leave your details? Has a KPN technician been able to fix the issue with the underground cables? I suspect that might be the reason why you automatically received this email.

Hi @Vikash van KPN 

Klantnummer:****

Unfortunately, the Kpn technician could not fix the fault, he said that the problem was in the underground cables and made an appointment for May 13 with another company.

Admin: gegevens verwijderd i.v.m. privacy

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

What a pity the technician couldn't fix the issue. Good to read that a new appointment has been scheduled. I hope they can resolve the problem this time.

Hello @Vikash van KPN 

I applied to cancel my internet subscription, but I still haven't received an answer. No one called me about this from KPN.

I need to cancel my internet subscription as soon as possible (I have already applied within the 14-day cooling off period).

Because I cannot use the KPN internet and I decided to buy an internet subscription from another company.

I would be very grateful if you could help me, thank you in advance.

Best wishes, Ahmet

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

Unfortunately, I cannot assist you with canceling the subscription. You are best advised to contact our customer service (0800 0402), and they will assist you further with this matter.

@Vikash van KPN @Ik_Combineer 

My internet problem is still not fixed! A technician from KPN came today and checked the cables.

Afterwards, I received an e-mail from KPN saying that your problem was resolved. But the problem was not resolved and I still do not have an internet connection.

I cannot reach customer service after 20:00.

By the way, even if I want to cancel my internet subscription, I cannot, because KPN does not call me even though it gives me an appointment!

This is ridiculous and I don't know what to do

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

If you want to cancel you can call KPN at 0800-0402. What did the technician do? Do you have an copper or fiber connection?

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

@a.ahmet The technician who visited you couldn't open the cable distribution box in your area because he didn't have the keys. According to our systems, another technician still needs to do this. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to say exactly when this will happen. You received an SMS and email yesterday containing a phone number and a PIN code. When you call that number, you will get more clarity. They are available Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 20:00.

Reageer