Beantwoord

internet activation

• 5 October 2020
  • 18 reacties
  • 1362 keer bekeken

Apologies, I do not speak Dutch but was hoping to get some help. 

My internet was to be activated today but I haven’t received any SMS or message. On the v12 modem, the “internet” light is blinking green. Do I need to wait for the sms/message before connection? Should the light be steady when everything is activated. 

Finally, is there a way to confirm when this installation is happening?

Thank you.

icon

Beste antwoord door Erik van KPN 3 November 2020, 15:33

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

18 reacties

The order status is still ‘Jouw bestelling wordt voorbereid’

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Hi @MRegen, welcome! That doesn't sound as if you're getting a connection today. Would you please fill in your forum profile with your postal code and house number and reply here when you've done so? I'll look into this and see what is going on.

Thank you @Erik_ - have updated my profile

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Thanks, @MRegen. I've looked into this and it appears there's an issue with your registration in our address database. These things can sometimes happen with addresses, like yours, that have an addition to the house number. The back office is working to fix the registration. At this moment, we're expecting this to be done on the 7th. When the registration has been fixed, we can get the signal started. So, for now, I can only ask you to wait. I'll check again on the 7th and get back to you with further info/steps.

Hi Erik, 

Thank you for your reply.

I just wanted to acknowledge that initially our Internet should have been set up on the 29th of September (this was the date indicated on the order receipt).

I have received the router last Thursday (on the first of October). 
And now I have to wait again until the 7th?!

Please explain why it takes so long to receive the Internet with KPN.  

I am working from home and if I cannot have stable Internet connection it affects my work. 

Please also provide me with the details where I can send my complaint regarding KPN services.

Regards,

Margarita

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

I'm afraid there is no way to expedite this process. However sometimes it'll help to reboot your modem so it tries to contact our servers again.
As my colleague explained there was an issue with how your adress was registered in the national database.
This issue should be fixed by wednesday or at the very least we'll know more by then. We'll keep you updated on this.

Hi @Thomas

Could you please take a look at my account today please? Was the registration issue fixed? Thank you

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

What I'm seeing right now is that the staus of ‘delay’ that was there on the 5th has now become ‘’ready for installation’. So, based on that, it should be ok now. Please disconnect the Experia Box, reset it, and reconnect it. If everything is indeed in order, that will trigger the activation of your contract and everything will be working. If it does not work, let us know, we can then have the back office look into this again.

Hi @Erik_

I did as you instructed and unfortunately it doesn't seem to work. The "internet" light is still blinking and no connection is made. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

I've sent out a ticket to my colleagues of the backoffice to look into this, they will contact you about this and send an engineer to finish the installation if that's neccesary.

There are two more things we could check in the meantime. Could you give the modem a factory reset by holding down the reset button on the back for about 10 seconds? You might need a paperclip or something to press it.
Could you also tell/show us how your modem is connected to the IS/RA point? You can insert pictures here on the forum if that's more convenient for you,

Hi @Thomas

I did as you suggested and still not working. Pics of the port below. 

I also called to enquire about technician availability as I understand this can take some time... (2 weeks) 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

That's too bad :-(. As my colleague Thomas said, we've sent out a ticket to our backoffice. They are going to let you know what's happening within a couple of business days. I understand that we gave you a 100 GB bundle, I hope that will be some help until your internet is working.

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

I'm sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news, @MRegen, but the back office colleagues have looked into this and unfortunately there are still some things behind the scenes that are not quite right. The third party that has to fix this has been put to work, but we have to wait for them to finish. The back office tried to contact you today but couldn't reach you so they left a voice mail. They will contact you again as soon as the third party has finished their part. We will also keep an eye on this and let you know as soon as we see a change here.

Hello @Erik_ , the technician came in today and he fixed some of the wiring outside of the building. He also mentioned the back office issues are still there… can you let us know when you think this will be resolved? Thank you

Hi @Erik_ @Thomas @Marcia_ , have you had any luck getting a response from the back office? While I want to be patient, it has been over a month since the application was submitted and there is no resolution timeline… Can you please help here? 

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Unfortunately, we haven't heard anything yet. So, I've contacted another department to see if they can find out what is causing the delay and when it is expected to be resolved. I'll get back to you as soon as possible, @MRegen.

Good morning @Erik_, do you have any update here?

Can you also let me know what my options are? Is there a definitive date where KPN can say something is or not working? And at this stage, if we choose another provider, are we under any contractual obligation with KPN and do we just return the equipment?

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

Good morning @Erik_, do you have any update here?

Can you also let me know what my options are? Is there a definitive date where KPN can say something is or not working? And at this stage, if we choose another provider, are we under any contractual obligation with KPN and do we just return the equipment?

At this point, you can decide to cancel. And, I see here that you have done so last night. I'm sorry to see that, but with how long this has been taking, I fully understand. You will be receiving communication from us on how to return the equipment (which is free).