Beantwoord

Internet connection is broken

• 16 March 2021
  • 15 reacties
  • 416 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1

My internet connection is broke. I have done all operations described in MijnKPN to fix internet connection (including resetting the modem etc.), but nothing works. There is clearly network problem somewhere even if MijnKPN says that it is not. 

I’m pretty sure that there is not point to order technician to my department to see similar situation. 

How long is delay with network problems to show them in the MijnKPN? Now the answer comes very fast.

icon

Beste antwoord door VilleT 16 March 2021, 14:48

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

15 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @VilleT, welcome to our forum. Can you specify what exactly is broken, what doesn't work? Is it a wireless connection, or are you using a computer connected wit a wire? You said you've resetted the modem, which incicator lights are on on the Experia Box? Right now I don't have enough information about the situation to say what the next step is, can you elaborate?

In case of a not working connection it is also advisable to call our customer service at 0800-0402. That way you can check the connection together with them, that is the quickest way.

Reputatie 1

Thanks! I received understanding about next steps (technician will visit here) from you customer service chat.  

Yes. Reboot and reset the modem. Checked all cables etc.  Modem indicator light in internet connection is red. In the house devices see the WiFi properly (Wifi indicators in devices like phones, laptops etc. are ok) , but they can’t connect the internet. So, the problem is somewhere between modem and universum :-)

But as I said, I have agreed the technician visit here (hopefully she/he check the network status beforehand) and this way this has solved. 

Reputatie 7

Ah, excellent. The engineer will have an instruction and will be able to do measurements before hand. Let's wait for his findings, will you share those with us?

Reputatie 1

Yes, let’s see how does this goes and where is the problem :-)

Reputatie 1

Yes. The problem is still little bit unknown, but technician analysed the situation and it is in cables. Possibly physical problem outside the building. Calling an engineer here was absolutely right move.

Reputatie 7

Yes, he really was the right move! I don't have your details on your forumprofile so I can't check the status. But your reply sounds like a special engineer will have to come, maybe check the cables underground. If that's the case they'll contact you for a new appointment.

Reputatie 1

Yes, this was what we agreed. Next steps will take place on Friday. I’ll check my profile in the near future :-)

Reputatie 1

Ok. Now couple of technicians visit on the site and dig big whole to the ground and find optical fibres for measurements etc.. Just heard that this continues on Monday. 

Reputatie 7

I hope that it means they found the cause of this disruption and will be able to fix it monday. I see you've filled out your profile, I've checked to see if I could see more about this but I have no more information. I see they did something this morning, but not what they did or what the outcome was. 

Reputatie 1

Yes. Now the internet connection works again. Sidewalk outside the building is still open. I do not have any information if there is still something to do or what was the reason. Something physical in cables, I presume. But yes, progress :-)

Reputatie 7

Something physical in the cables sounds feasible, if they dug them up. I don't think they'll leave the sidewalk open, they will close that up. It it possible they still had to do something down there. But the most important thing for you is that the connections has been restored :slight_smile:

Reputatie 1

Yes. They are again here and something serious is going on with cables. It looks that they are doing some major things there. My connection works very well now.

Reputatie 7

As long as their operations do not affect your connection anymore, that is fine :wink:

Reputatie 1

Now this case is closed. Sidewalk is closed and all things ok. I shortly discussed with engineers and they said that the network cable was broken. The have to replace some parts of it.

Reputatie 7

Replacing the parts was a good fix, it sounds like it's possible you weren't the only one affected by this broken cable. Fixing it might have solved more issues :slight_smile: