Beantwoord

Missing cable between ISRA point and KPN modem

• 27 July 2020
  • 4 reacties
  • 230 keer bekeken

Hallo,
We have recently moved apartment, and registered with KPN for internet and TV.

I have received the KPN equipment (Experia v12 / TV box), but I am unsure about how to connect the Experia modem to the ISRA point that lies in our meter cupboard.

I attach below a picture of the ISRA point in our cupboard. Is there a cable missing? In the instructions for installation, I need to strip a cable that connects the top of the ISRA point to the KPN modem. Can I e.g. buy this cable at an electronics store, and connect this myself?

Many thanks for your help,

Carl

icon

Beste antwoord door Carl297 6 August 2020, 10:39

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

4 reacties

Reputatie 7

Hi @Carl297, welcome to our forum. On this picture are 2 things, the box on top is the IS/RA point, the second box (with ‘modem’ and 'lijn’) is the splitter. You don’t need to use the splitter, the cable that is in 'modem’ right know can be connected to the Experia Box (in the ‘DSL’ port). Does it work when you try to do that? Or have you solved it since posting this topic?

Reputatie 7

Hi @Carl297, I haven't seen a reply from you. Did you manage to install the Experia Box and does your connection work now?

Hi Jasper, unfortunately that did not work. However, we had a visit from a KPN engineer yesterday, and he removed the grey cable from the IS/RA point, and installed a new modem. Our connection now works - thanks for your help!

Reputatie 7

Ah, that is good news @Carl297! I'm glad the connection is working now :smiley:  The engineer had to do a bit more bit it was worth it. If there is anything else we can do for you, don't hesitate to ask.