Vraag

One month without internet at my place and I'm seriously considering cancelling my contract

• 21 April 2023
  • 9 reacties
  • 124 keer bekeken

It’s a very long and tiring story, but here I go.

I made my contract with KPN and received the modem on the 28th of March. Because I wasn’t able to find the fiberglass box in my place, I went back to the store and tried to book a mechanic. For some odd reason, the employees couldn’t do it and I had to wait a few days to finally set the appointment myself.

The mechanic came and, surprise-surprise, he couldn’t find the box. So he inspected the whole house and told me that the box wasn’t even installed yet. He called his “superiors” and told me someone would call me to set an appointment to see how I could get the installation in my place.

More days passed and finally got the call and set the appointment with a new mechanic. Days passed and, again, surprise-surprise, the mechanic came without any equipment to make the installation because he thought I only needed to find the box in my place. He explained me the situation, told me I should talk with my landlord to receive an “okay” for the installation and then I should call KPN Netwerk to get another mechanic (!) that would make the installation. I got the authorization from my end and called KPN… or tried, because I couldn’t find people talking in English, until someone from their end called me.

More days passed and got a call from a contractor that asked me about the specifics of my place for the installation. I gave all the details he asked me for and told me someone would come to my place to set up the installation from the street to the house. And a few days later, the contractor came to my place… and did nothing. He asked me to repeat to him all the info I gave to the contractor on the phone, inspected the house just like the first mechanic did and, again, surprise-surprise, DID NOTHING.

So far, three different people have come to my place and did absolutely nothing to help me. It’s been almost 1 month since I made the contract and received the package, but NOTHING has been done. Of couse, I was charged for the internet service, but I HAVEN’T BEEN ABLE TO USE IT.

At this point, I’m tired of letting e-mails and making phone calls and I’m on the verge of cancelling my contract for good.

So, before that happens, can someone help me here?

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

9 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hello @bpramirezr and welcome here!

I can understand your frustration, this is not going the way it should go, that's clear. The fact that you're already paying but can't make use of our services is something we really regret. I saw that you already filled in your profile, thanks for that. There is already a ticket and I updated this ticket with your situation and the request to have a look at this. They will contact you in (max) 3 days. If you haven't heard anything by the end of this week, could you please let me know?

Hello @bpramirezr and welcome here!

I can understand your frustration, this is not going the way it should go, that's clear. The fact that you're already paying but can't make use of our services is something we really regret. I saw that you already filled in your profile, thanks for that. There is already a ticket and I updated this ticket with your situation and the request to have a look at this. They will contact you in (max) 3 days. If you haven't heard anything by the end of this week, could you please let me know?

Thank you for your reply.

I can wait 3 more days, but are they really going to come and do the installation for good? I'm tired of waiting, and all I get are excuses from KPN / KPN Netwerk.

On the other side, will I be charged with the month I wasn't able to use the internet? Or can I ask for a refund?

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Hello @bpramirezr and welcome here!

Thank you for your reply.

I can wait 3 more days, but are they really going to come and do the installation for good? I'm tired of waiting, and all I get are excuses from KPN / KPN Netwerk.

On the other side, will I be charged with the month I wasn't able to use the internet? Or can I ask for a refund?

You're welcome @bpramirezr.

Since there is already a ticket I can't excactly predict how fast a mechanic can come. A ticket means a technical division is already looking at your situation and I updated this ticket with the request to call you so they can inform you what to expect. 

Furthermore I understand that you've already been charged. If you haven't been able to use our services, we will refund this, no worries about that. I will take care of that once we know more!

You're welcome @bpramirezr.

Since there is already a ticket I can't excactly predict how fast a mechanic can come. A ticket means a technical division is already looking at your situation and I updated this ticket with the request to call you so they can inform you what to expect. 

Furthermore I understand that you've already been charged. If you haven't been able to use our services, we will refund this, no worries about that. I will take care of that once we know more!

Thank you for your reply, @JanZ_ 

The mechanic/contractor said he'd come by today, but he didn't arrive. Again, other week in which I won't be able to use the service I hired.

What do I have to do to finally be able to use it?

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

You're welcome @bpramirezr.

Thank you for your reply, @JanZ_ 

The mechanic/contractor said he'd come by today, but he didn't arrive. Again, other week in which I won't be able to use the service I hired.

What do I have to do to finally be able to use it?

Thanks for the update @bpramirezr.

When excactly did the mechanic/conractor tell you that somebody would come that day? In my system I can see your case has the attention of the right people and as far I can judge, I expect you will hear something from them very soon. I will also keep an eye on this matter. 

Thanks for the update @bpramirezr.

When excactly did the mechanic/conractor tell you that somebody would come that day? In my system I can see your case has the attention of the right people and as far I can judge, I expect you will hear something from them very soon. I will also keep an eye on this matter. 

The exact reply from the company is as follows:

"Goodmorning,

Your appointment is set for 28 April between 8.00 en 12.00.

Met vriendelijke groet,
Allinq"

And, as I stated, no one showed up that day. I missed my work that day, so I think it's not fair for them to not show up and don't evem offer an explanation as to why.

I'd like to be taken seriously. After more than a month and all these requests, I haven't been able to use the connection. Of course, in the next few days I'll be charged for the service, a service I can't use.

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Really dissapointing that an appointment was made but nobody showed up @bpramirezr.

I also see they tried to call you on april 28 but couldn't reach you. I once again updated the ticket with antother request to call you. Unfortunately that's all I can do for you at the moment :(

Really dissapointing that an appointment was made but nobody showed up @bpramirezr.

I also see they tried to call you on april 28 but couldn't reach you. I once again updated the ticket with antother request to call you. Unfortunately that's all I can do for you at the moment :(

Hello, @JanZ_ 

A couple of weeks ago, I was finally able to use the services provided by KPN in my house.

Would it be possible for you to help me receive a reimbursement for the days I wasn’t able to use the service?

Thank you!

Reputatie 7
Badge +12

Really dissapointing that an appointment was made but nobody showed up @bpramirezr.

Hello, @JanZ_ 

A couple of weeks ago, I was finally able to use the services provided by KPN in my house.

Would it be possible for you to help me receive a reimbursement for the days I wasn’t able to use the service?

Thank you!

Goodmorning @bpramirezr, first of all, I'm really glad to hear that you can finally make use of our services!

About the reimbursement; of course I won't let you pay for the time you were charged but haven't been able to make use of our services. I will send you a personal message (PB) to arrange this further :)