Vraag

Playstation4 Slow Connection Speed on Wifi

• 21 August 2021
  • 7 reacties
  • 48 keer bekeken

I got a new Sagemcom Router (Fiber) from KPN recently and facing low connection upload/download speeds on my Playstation 4. On other devices, I get 250 mbps. But on playstation4, it drops at 40 mbps. I’m using wireless and have tried setting up DNS automatically.

What should I do to increase my download and upload speed?

I have also opened up the TCP & UDP ports (port forwarding) according to this article https://manuals.playstation.net/document/nl/ps4/settings/nw_test.html

NAT: Type 2. See screenshots below

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

7 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Masoom Tulsiani, welcome to our forum!
The best and easiest way to increase these speeds is by connecting your playstation with a network cable instead of wifi. This could make quite a difference in latency as well.

I'm not too familiar with playstations myself but maybe someone in the community has some suggestions.
Also we have a topic dedicated to improving your Wifi!

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

We haven’t heard from you so I’m assuming you found a solution. If not, let us know!

I’m still struggling with the solution. My playstation still connects only at 40 MBPS. 

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Thanks for your reply @Masoom Tulsiani, 40Mbit/s is quite a reasonable speed for Wifi. Did you take a look at the topic I mentioned? Also our online wifimanager can really help get the most out of your wifi. 
Could you also test the speed with a wired connection?

I can share some results with the online wifi manager in this thread. I tried it and it was also showing 40MBPs. I get 200+ MBPS on my other devices as I have subscribed to fiber internet. My assumption is that I should get 200+ MBPS also on my playstation. No, I haven’t tried it on wired.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

I believe you but I'm afraid I don't really have a solution for this. I'm not sure why only your PS4 has a slower speed than your other devices but 40Mbit/s is also a pretty reasonable speed.
If you're only experiencing this on the PS4 I'd assume the cause is something in the PS4 but I'm not too familiar with this.
Maybe our community has some input but you could also look this up on the sony forum, maybe they have an idea what causes this.