Vraag

Service regularly goes orange and all Wifi/Ethernet around the house drops out.

• 10 April 2019
  • 3 reacties
  • 93 keer bekeken

This issue cropped up around 4 months ago and I have tried all kinds of fixes and none of it seems to make any difference. I have had the same wifi setup for the past 4 years thus it makes zero sense why this is occurring all of a sudden. It is extremely frustrating as some days it works perfectly fine the whole day, sometimes even for weeks and other times it drops out every few seconds and I basically have no connection. Are there any solutions on what I should be doing on my management page or what might be causing this?

Many thanks in advance!

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +30
Hi Benjamin, I see you've been talking with my colleague Bart earlier about wifi dropping. But I understand that this is a slightly different problem than that? I'm gonna start with some basics, as they often help. So, first question: have you factory reset the Experia Box? If not, wil you please do so and then wait and see a bit to check if the issue gets better. You can do so easily with our factory reset service tool or stick a pin in the reset hole in the back for a few seconds.

I've also looked at your connection and it seems fine. When the light turns orange, is it all internet that goes, or just wifi?
Hi! Yes that is correct! I have tried rebooting/factory resetting and both made no difference. I have used the herstell button and changed the channels on my management page but each channel caused the same issues. As of right now, I have not have the disconnections for about 2/3 days again but I am sure it will come back soon. It is everything that goes down, ethernet and internet. Please keep in mind that I have had the same wifi setup for almost 4 years so I think that one of the cables is most likely faulty? Many thanks in advance : ) I will try to use the wifi tuner this weekend too and see if that makes any difference but I would doubt it.
Reputatie 7
Badge +30
Hi Benjamin, have you had a chance to test the wifi tuner over the weekend?

I don't think that would really make difference as the ethernet also drops, and that has nothing to do with wifi. When I check here, I see an occasional drop, but not quite enough right now to trigger an engineer. Can you take a look at the cabling from the Experia Box to the connection point. Is everything still properly plugged in/attached? What type of connection point (IS/RA) do you have? See here for pictures.