Beantwoord

Worst experience ever

• 5 May 2020
  • 3 reacties
  • 101 keer bekeken

I have been using another internet service provider for the last 6 years, and switched to KPN as I have recently moved to a new place. As the house had fiber connection already established, I took a wrong decision of subscribing to KPN. When I called them they promised few things as indicated below : 

• Connection will be established in few days
  • Mechanic is not a must, and I didn’t opt for the Mechanic
  • All the devices will be delivered in few days, and you can simply connect to activate.

But, the situation got worst right after subscribing : 

• KPN kept on sending me SMS messages asking me to register for mechanic
  • Device didn’t arrive until I called them, when I called them, they mentioned that there was a mistake, hence the devices were not shipped. Finally, they said it will be shipped in a day, and the connection will be established, and suggested me to call for a mechanic just to be on safer side. She also mentioned that the connection has been already established, as soon as the devices are collected, I can get the connection established. If there is a problem, then you can make use of Mechanic’s visit, else you can simply cancel the mechanic’s visit.
  • Based on this feedback, I had made an appointment for a Mechanic to come on 8th May
  • Without any indication, they changed the date to 11th by themselves

Finally

• Devices came through
  • When I tried to establish the connection, it was showing red.
  • Then called customer care, they tried everything and finally said “ You need to wait for mechanic to come, and the connection cannot be established until the date of Mechanic’s visit.” 
  • I got a call yesterday saying the Mechanic is not available, and they can make it only on 12th.

I am currently spending 20 Euros per day to get the internet connection through my Mobile Data hotspot. 

So, with this,  I can only conclude that there is no process or framework that KPN has to support their customers. I would rather ask for a disconnection instead of going through such hurdles which I never had in the last 6 years.

I would never recommend anyone to go with KPN :rage: . I hope someone take this up seriously and make some steps towards better customer experience.

Thanks

Prakash

icon

Beste antwoord door Erik van KPN 7 May 2020, 20:25

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

3 reacties

It is very busy on the KPN forum. So it may take a while for employees to respond here. In the meantime, fill in all the details in your profile, so that employees can verify you.

Reputatie 7

Hi @Prakash P, welcome to the forum, and to KPN. With a fiber connection it depends on what type of fiber box is present whether or not a technician is required. We (customer service) do not know the type of box when an order is placed. As such, we cannot guarantee that a technician is not necessary. The same, more or less, goes for when the signal will be ready. For a copper line, this can usually be done in a few days. For a fiber line, it depends on whether or not the technician is required. If the technician is required, the activation date will be the date you set for the technician to come by. The installation package will be deliverd a few days before the activation date. If the technician is required, the package will not be sent until there's an appointment date present.

So, yeah, there has been miscommunication in this regard towards you. I'm sorry for that. The moment you started receiving the texts about planning the technician should have been enough of an indicator for my colleagues to inform you that the appointment has to be made. 

I understand correctly that the technician will come next Tuesday, the 12th? That leaves a few days where you will still be dependent on the mobile data. Do you, by any chance, have a KPN mobile contract? If so, I can supply you with extra data for free to help out in the mean time. If this is the case, please fill in your forum profile and reply her when you've done so. If you do not have KPN mobile, please also fill out the profile. Then I will see if we can get you an emergency data package to help.

Reputatie 7

You haven't responded, Prakash. Based on your first message you had a technician's appointment yesterday. I'm assuming you now have functioning internet and everything is well. If there are still issues, do let us know so we can assist.