Beantwoord

Access point between Experia box and TV box

• 3 November 2020
  • 2 reacties
  • 144 keer bekeken

Today I had an issue with the TV (freezes and shows Zender niet Beschikbaar error) because added a brand new Asus RT-AX82U router (operates in access point mode) between the TV box (model: VIP5202) and the KPN Experia Box (Experia box 10A). The issue isĀ  there but only if I watch TV live. If I watch a recorded program it is playing smoothly without any issue. Bandwidths should not be the problem because on my laptop I see 480-500Mbit when it is connected with a wire. Do you have any idea what should I change?

icon

Beste antwoord door zpapp 12 November 2020, 13:42

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

2 reacties

There is a little progress however this makes the whole issue even more weird. Changed the ASUS router settings from Access Point to Router (disabled DHCP so KPN Experia box is responsible for this) and the TV is still freezing but only when I change the channel. After a minute everything works perfectly.

Let me answer my own question as nobody from KPN (including Tech Desk) was useless at the end. But at least you can learn how to setup an Access point.

Spent 1.5 hours talking with a guy from Tech Desk who was very nice and helpful but useless. After 15 minutes he screwed up my settings so much that he could not make my TV work. I had to jump in and fix everything. Then we agreed somebody will call me back later to help me. So far nobody called meā€¦ So cancelling the Tech Desk subscription as it was a total waste of 5 EUR and 1.5 hours.

I talked with ASUS Support and it turned out they donā€™t want to add KPN as a preset to their routers and they are not supporting IGMP Scooping together with configured VLANs. Shame for them because it makes their products not working together with KPN Expria Box.

But there is a solution!!!

Cheap unmanaged switch! I bought a TP-Link TL-SG1005D switch and installed it between the Experia Box and the IPTV box. Now the TV works properly and I could connect the ASUS Router/Access Point to the switch too. Now everything works properly.