Beantwoord

Prepaid phone can't receive call - maybe blocked - but can't issue new bundle

• 8 May 2023
  • 15 reacties
  • 186 keer bekeken

Reputatie 1

Hey. I used to live in the Netherlands but kept my Dutch phone number as prepaid after I moved out, just to be sure.

I haven’t used the card for half a year and suddenly I found out that I can’t do or receive calls.
I have tried to purchase a bundle, but I can’t as I receive following error message.

Does anybody have any glue what I can do?

icon

Beste antwoord door RBxx 8 May 2023, 23:14

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

15 reacties

Reputatie 1

Got it resolved. I installed the Android app and I could charge the phone again. Then I started to receive calls again. Most be something with the page that is wrong

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

Is it working again, both doing and receiving calls?

With prepaid, you must call, text or use the internet yourself at least once in six months to keep the credit valid. After those six months (without using the credit), outgoing traffic is first blocked. You can still receive calls. Then there are 90 days to unblock the number by topping up the credit. If you do not do this during that period, the number will be completely blocked and permanently canceled after those 90 days.

Reputatie 1

Hey. Sorry I thought the issue got resolved but it isn't. The card is filled up but I can't call or receive calls.

It might be more than 6 month ago I tanked it up. But now I tanked it up and I still can't call or receive calls 

Reputatie 1

Got any advices?

I'm pretty sure that it isn't a year ago I tanked it last. Would I not somewhere see if I lost the number?

And I should be unblocked now that I tanked it up,  right?

Reputatie 7

If the number hasn't been permanently disabled topping up should be enough. Can you fill the 06-number and the sim card number on your profile and reply when you've done so? With that I can take a look at the status aswel.

Reputatie 1

Hey. Thanks checking.

I have added my mobile phone number.  I didn't find a place to write my IMEI number on the profile so I added it under "Personlijke opmerkingen". But sure if you can see it.

Reputatie 7
Badge +21

Hi @Theis H 

The IMEI number identifies your telephone, but moderator Jasper needs the simcard number.
You’ll find this on the back of the simcard. Add this number to “Persoonlijke opmerkingen”, then Jasper can look into it on his next shift.

Reputatie 1

Ah my bad. I have updated the “Persoonlijke opmerkingen” with the number written on the sim card

Reputatie 7

Thank you @Theis H, I’ve checked the number and it is active and not blocked. It doesn't look like it was blocked either. There is almost 30 euros of credit on it. I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work.

Is making or receiving calls still not working? Does texting work when you try that?

Reputatie 1

Hi. Im sorry for the confusing. I tested and I can indeed to calls.

But incoming calls and messages does not reach me. I might not have thought that it only would have been one way.

Is this not an issue with my subscription but an phone configuration issue? I run dual-sim and has no issues with the other card.

Reputatie 7

I can understand your thoughts, I probably would have thought the same in your shoes to be honest. 

It might be a configuration issue, what happens if you use our simcard in a different phone? If you do receive calls then, it's certanly a setting on you primary phone. 

Reputatie 1

Thanks Jasper. That is a really good suggestion. But I sadly don’t have a second phone I can test the sim-card with.

Do you have suggestions on what to settings to check on the Android phone? But what makes me wonder is that I earlier made perfect calls.

I’m back in the Netherlands this Friday and could pass by a KPN shop, if they can help with such questions. Or do you have any ideas on how to proceed.

Reputatie 7

I am not sure about the settings on an Android phone, but there might me an option to switch which simcard is the primary. If that setting is there and you change it, that might help. 

The KPN shop is a good alternative, a colleague can look into it with you when you visit. They can check the settings with you.

Reputatie 1

Thanks. I got the issue resolved today. I went to a shop and they gave me a new sim card. Afterwards all works.

Once again thanks for the help @Jasper 

Reputatie 7

I’m glad it has been resolved @Theis H! I didn't expect a new simcard to be the solution to be honest, but I'm happy my collegagues in the store thought about it!

If there is anything else we can do in the future, you'll know where to find us 🙂