Vraag

Sim Card not receiving or making calls overseas

• 6 October 2020
  • 11 reacties
  • 520 keer bekeken

My sim card was brought to me overseas by my spouse. It is not working and we called customer service. They said they did their part and it will be ok in 5 minutes. The only thing that works is that I received SMS from KPN. I can't receive calls or make calls despite I have the credit. This is very important as I am relocating to Netherlands and I need a working number prior my move. Can we help please ? 

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

11 reacties

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Hi @Kalo, thanks for bringing this under our attention!

Can you please update your profiel and give me a heads up if you’ve done so? I need the mobile phone number and the sim card number!

Hi Maja please find the relevant info and let me know if it is ok. 

Mobile: ***********

Greetings, Vlasis

*admin: removed phone nr. because of privacy reasons

Reputatie 7
Badge +17

Hi @Kalo, Thank you for providing us with the information Maja asked for. The sim card is activated and should be working. You only have the €10,00 ‘Bonus credit’. I am not sure, but I think you can only use the ‘Bonus credit’ within the EU. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I assume you are currently not in the EU, since the card was sent to you overseas?:thinking: 

Just in case, I transferred the ‘Bonus credit’ to the ‘Mainaccount’ of the card. Could you please try and make a phonecall? I hope it works! 

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

@Kalo did you manage to get it working?

Sorry, @Lisa 

Bonus credit kan only be used within the Netherlands.

Outside the Netherlands you need at least some paid credit, minimal € 5. Beside that you can use the phone with a ‘bundel’. You can pay bundels from the normal paid credit. All bundels have a calling code to activate.

OUTSIDE the E.U. you can only use PAID BELTEGOED.!

To buy BELTEGOED you can use this kpn page:

https://www.kpn.com/prepaid/opwaarderen.htm

The bundels and their codes:

https://www.kpn.com/prepaid/bundels.htm

Hi @Kalo, Thank you for providing us with the information Maja asked for. The sim card is activated and should be working. You only have the €10,00 ‘Bonus credit’. I am not sure, but I think you can only use the ‘Bonus credit’ within the EU. Correct me if I'm wrong. But I assume you are currently not in the EU, since the card was sent to you overseas?:thinking: 

Just in case, I transferred the ‘Bonus credit’ to the ‘Mainaccount’ of the card. Could you please try and make a phonecall? I hope it works! 

Hi Lisa. thanks for looking into my matter. I can receive calls but I cannot make any. Currently I am in UAE and not EU which will be the case in few weeks from now. 

Groetjes, Vlasis

@Kalo did you manage to get it working?

Hi Thomas, I can receive calls but I cannot make any. It is not a problem now, but when I am in EU it will have to work! Thanks for checking. 

Groetjes, Vlasis

Reputatie 7
Badge +30

I am not sure why it's not working. It has happened before that it's not working in the UAE. I don't know what the reason was, to be honest.. When are you back in the EU? It's possible that its working then, because I don't see why it shouldn't work!

@Marcia_

This topic is now under Mobiele Abonnementen. But it should be under Prepaid.

@Kalo 

Did you try to connect by hand with another provider?

@Marcia_

This topic is now under Mobiele Abonnementen. But it should be under Prepaid.

@Kalo 

Did you try to connect by hand with another provider?

No,  but I can receive calls and  that is all that matters for me now. I have other numbers to make  calls alternatively. I will deal with the issue in NL if it persists.

I presume that you use the international countrycode when you call a number?

For a Dutch number +316… for a Dutch mobile or for instance +3120… for a number in Amsterdam.