Beantwoord

KPN Experia v10 and Philips TV

• 26 August 2019
  • 2 reacties
  • 124 keer bekeken

Hello all. I have KPN Internet subscription based on fiberglass and Experia v10 router. I just bought new Philips TV (43PUS6504) with SmartTV functionality. Basically I just need to have internet connection from Experia v10 to TV in order to use YouTube and Netflix application. I don't need any IpTV subscription (via TV tuner). Is it possible to use such TV in KPN network just for internet connection?

In fact, I connected my new TV with Ethernet cable to LAN port of Experia v10. Connection was established and worked well. I was able to navigate and watch YouTube videos. But after switching OFF and then again switching ON the TV - internet connection was lost on TV and it ask again to establish new connection. Despite that cable was still plugged in Experia v10, and in settings of Experia v10 I can see that TV is detected in network and DHCP IP address was still assigned to the TV. And then it is not possible to make new connection to the internet from TV until full reinstall of TV settings. After reinstall of TV settings, the problem still the same - first connection is successful, but after switching OFF/ON the TV it is again not possible to connect to the internet. Same behaviour observed with WiFi connection to Experia v10, not only with Ethernet cable.

Then I tried to repeat same steps with the WiFi connection from TV to my smartphone as a hotspot and it was as expected - TV was still connected to network even after switching OFF/ON. So problem observed only with router Experia v10.

Where can be the issue? Why does the TV always lost the connection after switching OFF with Experia v10?

Thank you in advance for any tip.
icon

Beste antwoord door Myke 27 August 2019, 09:43

Bekijk origineel

Dit topic is gesloten. Staat je antwoord hier niet bij, gebruik dan de zoekfunctie van de Community of stel je vraag in een nieuw topic.

2 reacties

Problem is solved by placing another router after Experia v10, and connecting TV via Ethernet cable to new router. https://forum.kpn.com/thuisnetwerk-72/gebruik-een-eigen-router-achter-de-experia-box-164983

For some reasons Experia v10 is not working properly with some devices. I had problems with Philips TV, Lenovo and Samsung smartphones. Xiaomi and Apple smartphones working fine.
Experia v10 should be properly tested and investigated before introducing it to the market. Especially if it is only (or one of few) option for the customers.
Hi @Myke . I'm very happy you managed to resolve your own issue :-)
Glad you shared the solution with us although we don't have many issues in general with connecting extra hardware to v10's.