Vraag

Emigrated, cannot cancel my current subscription

• 25 January 2024
  • 42 reacties
  • 215 keer bekeken

Emigrated in July 2023 and have been trying to cancel my subscription for 7 months now. So frustrated as 2 of my 5 subscriptions seem to have been cancelled but not the remaining 3. I have been told my Gemeente Deregistration letter is not stamped - it is. I have been told my document is not in PDF format - it is. I have been told to email it to opgezetten@kpn.com which I have done many times. Today I was told that a) I may not cancel even through we emigrated and b) I need to post the form all the way from South Africa (in the year 2024 to a Telecommunications Company). So frustrated and desperate. Please help me KPN.

42 reacties

Oh my word!!!!! This has still not been cancelled. KPN, I am now at the stage where I am left to believe that you are intentionally keeping my account active so that you can keep taking my money. Maja - do you actually work for KPN and are you in any position to help? You have been lovely but clearly have no power to assist either. Please can you rather direct me to a real person within KPN who will look at this.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

I work for KPN, but the departement that can cancel subscriptions for emigration, is a accommodated by an outsourcing partner. This means I can not contact them directly, they do not have an internal ór external phone number and I can only reach them via the same mailadres you've send your emails to. I can contact our own contract departement (as I did earlier in this conversation) be they can't cancel a running contract, that can only be done by this special departement 😑 It usualy takes about 14 days for them to deal with a received email, and I can see that your PFD from your employer has not been viewed yet, since they would (automatically) leave a note in our customer database. 

I've been checking for notes on a daily basis, but actually don't expect anything before the first halve of next week. I'm sorry there's nothing I or my KPN colleagues can do to speed this proces up 🙁

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

I still don't see any action @Desperate foreigner and I've sent you a private message with a possible follow up.

I have been trying for nine months now and still get charged. Left to believe this is intentional and KPN falsely advertise that contracts can be cancelled when emigrating just to attract expats. 

Admin: bericht samengevoegd met bestaand topic 

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Have you seen my private message @Desperate foreigner?

Hi Maja. I did see it, thank you. But the link for a formal complaint does not seem to work? Also, when I tried to respond to your private message the platform was also corrupt and not allowing me to type?

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

That's very weird @Desperate foreigner 😕 Can you try this link? https://www.kpn.com/service/klacht-of-vraag-indienen/formulier.htm

This one works. Thanks. Will try submit a formal complaint now.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Glad this one works, let's hope this will finally settle things!

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Have you heard anything about the complaint @Desperate foreigner?

I can see they have tried to call you twice on your KPN number, that you're not using any more. We are not able to call a non Dutch number, you they can't call your ZA number. If they don't reach you they should send you an email with further steps. Did you receive that email from us? 

No email received from KPN.

Seems crazy that they are calling on a Dutch KPN number which I am clearly not using and have not used for 9 months. The entire complaint revolves around this. The service only gets worse and more bazaar as time goes by.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

I'm sorry for this 😕 I've filed another complaint now, requesting they contact you via email since you're not using your Dutch number any more. 

They just emailed me. To say they will call me within 2 days. On my Dutch number again. Painful!

Please let them know I do not have that number anymore. Maybe they don’t understand my English. I have provided a SA number they can use via whatsapp or else an email address.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

That was the automated email confirming the complaint, you can ignore the part about calling you on that number! It's not possible for us to call a South African number, our call system is not compatible for international phone calls. I've made a very clear note about you being only available per email, so I'm assuming they will get the message now. 

Dear Maja. It has eventually worked. I received notification that my account has been cancelled as of today. Yipee and thank you!

Next question is how can I request a refund please for the nine months of me trying to have it cancelled? I have been paying but not making use of the service.

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Dear Maja. It has eventually worked. I received notification that my account has been cancelled as of today. Yipee and thank you!

Yes!! I'm very sorry that something that should have been quite simpel, caused us so much stress and effort 😬 But eventually we succeeded! 

Next question is how can I request a refund please for the nine months of me trying to have it cancelled? I have been paying but not making use of the service.

I'm not sure if the colleague that has cancelled is also planning to refund everything. There has not been requested a refund, but it could be the colleague needs to request permission since it's a big number. I'll keep an eye on it for the next couple of days!

Reputatie 7
Badge +20

Still don't see a refund @Desperate foreigner, so I've filed another complaint for the same departement with the request to finish what they have started and also request the refund!

Reageer